To kick of the fall season of Web.com’s Women Grow Business Twitter Chats, we were pleased to have Sally Falkow of Meritus Media back with us again.
Follow up conversations to her last chat with the community revealed that we all needed some next level advice – people can’t care about your small business news if they never see it.
Recent changes and updates to Google’s policies on news releases had many confused.
So we asked Sally to come follow up her last session with us on How to Get People to Care About Your News.
She agreed, and on Monday September 9th, 2013 at Noon Eastern, she came back to share “The Smartest Way to Get Your News Found“.
As we mentioned during last week’s announcement, she has just come out with a new book called SMART News: how to write press releases that get found in search and shared in social media on Kindle, and we found out during the chat that SMART is actually an acronym to help you remember what SMART News is.
A3: #wgbiz M is for why you have to include multimedia with all content
— Sally Falkow (@sallyfalkow) September 9, 2013
You’ll have to download the transcript of the chat to find out what the other letters stand for – but how? Where?
Download the Women Grow Business Twitter Chat- SMART News Edition
Our September 9 chat was extremely well received. Collectively the 78 contributors sent 384 tweets about the chat which reached a potential audience of 703,845 people and over 3,774,966 impressions.
Thank you so much to everyone who participated. One of the reasons we share the archive of tweets from the day of the chat to make networking with the people who participate in these chats as easy as possible.
You can get to know other members of the extended Web.com and Women Grow Business family that you could interact with over Twiter in real time, just by looking at the contributor list in our archived document.
And we can better serve you when we hear what kinds of questions you have.
You can find a link to the archived transcript here, where you can view it online, download a PDF or Excel copy of the tweets that used the hashtag, or see who asked that really great question.
Attend the Next Women Grow Business Twitter Chat
Every second Monday of the month at noon, the Women Grow Business community has a Twitter chat. We usually have a guest expert, announced on our blog prior to the chat. You can subscribe to our blog, our Facebook or Twitter page, to get the announcement of our next guest delivered to you.
To be reminded when the chat is approaching, sign up for free on our Eventbrite page. Or, stay tuned to the blog for the announcement we typically make the week prior to the chat.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetdeck, Tweetchat, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz.
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters. The regular chat starts promptly at noon.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wgbiz is the official channel, while @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s) This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! :) Our free twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.