Every second Monday of the month, Web.com’s Women Grow Business community has a Twitter chat, focusing on women in business and small business tips for all. This past Monday we were lucky to get Stephanie Diamond as our guest expert, former Marketing Director of AOL and author of many books, including The Visual Marketing Revolution: 26 Rules to Help Social Media Marketers Connect the Dots.
It was the perfect fit in that our October chat was on “How Your Business Can Take Advantage of the Visual Marketing Revolution“.
This chat was as well received as the one she did for us previously on Digital Storytelling. Among the most shared quotes was her answer to how visual marketing impacts content marketing.
A11 #wgbiz Content marketing and visuals go hand in hand. Studies show people believe content that has visuals more often then text alone
— Stephanie Diamond (@diamondsf) October 14, 2013
Download the Women Grow Business Twitter Chat- Visual Marketing Edition
Despite ongoing problems with Twitter, the chat briefly trended on Twitter, which hasn’t happened since the immensely popular chat between Web.com and NAWBO on the State of Women Owned Businesses. Our 78 contributors produced 291 tweets, reaching potentially 768,948 people, generating 5,922,599 impressions. Another interesting statistic – our contributors had an average of 18,000 followers.
Of course, one takes metrics such as follower numbers and reach with a grain of salt. But the increase in the quantity of the audience is increasing in quality as well, and more people are responding and participating in the chat as we move forward.
Thank you so much to everyone who participated – and congratulations to our prize winners! If you weren’t able to participate, save the date for next time – November 11, 2013. Our guest will be announced in this column so be sure and subscribe.
In the meantime, explore the archive of tweets and get to know other people in the Web.com community by following people you find interesting on Twitter.
You can find a link to the archived transcript here, where you can view it online, download a PDF or CSV copy of the tweets that used the hashtag, or find out who asked that one really great question.
Attend the Next Women Grow Business Twitter Chat
Every second Monday of the month at noon, the Women Grow Business community has a Twitter chat. We usually have a guest expert, announced on our blog prior to the chat. You can subscribe to our blog, our Facebook or Twitter page, to get the announcement of our next guest delivered to you.
To be reminded when the chat is approaching, sign up for free on our Eventbrite page. Or, stay tuned to the blog for the announcement we typically make the week prior to the chat.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetdeck, Tweetchat, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz.
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters. The regular chat starts promptly at noon, and lasts about an hour.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wgbiz is the official channel, while @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s) This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! :) Our free twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.