If you’ve been following Women Grow Business over the last few years, you know who Tara Rethore is, and how lucky we are to have her speak to us on the topic of Executing Strategy, this coming Monday, November 12, 2012 at Noon Eastern.
Tara is a long-standing member of and contributor to Women Grow Business, but I didn’t see her speak until I attended the North Virginia Women’s Business conference in November of last year. Almost exactly a year later, she’s joining us as a guest expert to talk about executing strategy in our businesses.
(And yes, there is an Amazon gift certificate giveaway this time. You have to attend to be able to win.)
More About Tara Rethore
Tara is the President of M. Beacon Enterprises, where she works with mid-sized busines leaders on solving complex problems. Though focus is on middle sized operations, but the knowledge she has to share is not lost on the small business owner, nor senior executives at companies of varying sizes.
If you’ve ever needed someone to tackle the difficult task of turning a complicated set of ideas into clear concepts that can be used to change thinking within an organization, Tara’s who you’re looking for to solve your problem. In following her work I’ve learned that it’s not as simple as declaring a new vision for your company – the task of making a concept real and infusing it into your company culture is not an easy one, particularly if your mission hinges on technology or industry jargon.
She’s worked across multiple industries with a wide range of organizations globally including:
- Allied Signal,
- The Chronicle,
- National Aquarium Institute,
- Yale University, and
- CHF International.
Having a solid foundation in leadership and team dynamics, Ms. Rethore is effective managing complex teams at all levels of an organization – from start up or shop floor to senior leadership.
Tara is a frequent speaker at industry and professional conferences and a trusted content provider to publications on a variety of topics. She participates on the Strategic Advisory Board of the Andre Sobel River of Life Foundation. Most recently, this October her talk at Equal Justice Works’ annual Conference & Career Fair on Strategies to Leverage Social Media for Your Career met rave reviews.
To be reminded when upcoming chats are approaching, including this one, sign up for free on our Eventbrite page, where you can also get the event added to your calendar after signing up.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetchat, Tweetgrid, Tweetdeck, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz. (In Twitter you can use the search at the top of the screen, in Tweetchat or Tweetgrid, once you’re logged in, you’ll see an area for you to enter the hashtag at the top of the screen. In Tweetdeck, you can create a column that searches for that hashtag)
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wgbiz is the official channel, while @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s) – in this case Tara Rethore (@TRethore). This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! Our free twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.
See you there!