This month we were honored to have Lani Rosales, Editor-in-Chief of AGBEAT, discussing the differences between digital and traditional publications, and how to get digital publications to cover your business story.
Here’s a quick sneak peek at one of her most retweeted answers – in response to where business owners should start on the road to a perfect pitch, one of the things she said was:
A5: establish rapport with one writer at a time, make their life easier, send talking points in three sentence or less and WIN. #wgbiz
— AGBeat (@AGBeat) June 10, 2013
Want to see the rest of her answer? The good news is that you can see it in the summary below without even leaving this blog post!
However, the bad news is that this last time, the resources we normally use to collect the tweets came up with errors – and since most tools only go back a week, we used Storify to find the top tweets. Therefore, we don’t have the statistics on this month’s chat, a full list of participants, or all of the before and after chatter that we usually have for you in the summary.
Those features will return in our next update.
If you can’t see the embed above because you’re viewing this via email or syndication, click here to get ot the live post.
Attend the Next Women Grow Business Twitter Chat
Our next chat is July 8th – stay tuned for details on our next guest expert – we’ll be announcing it right here in just a few days.
Every second Monday of the month at noon, the Women Grow Business community has a Twitter chat. We usually have a guest expert, announced on our blog prior to the chat. You can subscribe to our blog, our Facebook or Twitter page using the links in the upper right corner of the page, to get the announcement of our next guest delivered to you.
To be reminded when the chat is approaching, sign up for free on our Eventbrite page.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, oneQube SmartStream, Tweetdeck, Tweetchat, Tweetgrid, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz.
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters. The regular chat starts promptly at noon.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wgbiz is the official channel, while @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s). This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! Our free twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.