Women in Business Love Talking Strategy (Apparently)!
We had an especially smashing time following Tara Rethore of M. Beacon Enterprises, and her tips as featured guest expert on executing business strategy. Who knew this was a topic so close to the hearts and minds of our community of business leaders and executives?
(Yeah, I had a hunch but certainly wasn’t expecting THIS kind of response.)
This time around, not only did many of our favorite regular chatters participate, we also saw some new faces, as well as a few people from Tara’s extensive audience. We were also able to give away two of our three sponsored prizes – yet another perk of attending our Twitter chats live!
Our 351 tweets reached potentially 1,180,380 people with 2,814,595 impressions via 116 distinct tweeters, breaking the record made last month for potential reach, but with fewer actual tweets viewed in real time by humans. Which basically means we had more participation by people with slightly wider audiences, and yet to catch last month’s record, we had to have 25% more people tweeting.
Which of course we’ll take any day of the week – we just set that reach record.
Download the Transcript of the Women Grow Business Chat
The next best thing to having attended the chat in real time is to download the transcript. Here’s the most retweeted tip Tara sent, so you can get a taste of why that is.
— Tara Rethore (@TRethore) November 12, 2012
If you want to see the rest of the 4 tips she was sharing, you’ve gotta download our free PDF record of the chat.
While it’s true that the energy of a live Twitter chat is hard to duplicate, luckily for you, as with all our 2012 chats, we have a report available online or for download [pdf]. As you peruse it, in whatever format you chose, take a few minutes to connect with other members of the community. You never know who you might meet.
Attend the Next Women Grow Business Chat, Live
Every second Monday of the month at noon, the Women Grow Business community has a Twitter chat. We usually have a guest expert, announced on our blog prior to the chat. You can subscribe to our blog, our Facebook or Twitter page using the links in the upper right corner of the page, to get the announcement of our next guest delivered to you.
Next month, we’re thinking about trying something different – a Google+ web chat or broadcast either before our Twitter chat, or instead of it. We’d love to hear your thoughts about this change in venue (or addition) in the comments. Of course, just in case, there are instructions for attending a Twitter Chat below.
To be reminded when the chat is approaching, whether it’s on Twitter or Google+, sign up for free on our Eventbrite page.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetchat, Tweetgrid, Tweetdeck, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz. (In Twitter you can use the search at the top of the screen, in Tweetchat or Tweetgrid, once you’re logged in, you’ll see an area for you to enter the hashtag at the top of the screen. In Tweetdeck, you can create a column that searches for that hashtag)
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wgbiz is the official channel, while @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s). This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! Our free twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.
See you next time when our special guests will be our outgoing editor and pioneer of the Twitter hashtag and monthly Twitter chat, Shonali Burke – we also have another unconfirmed guest who we hope will join myself and Shonali live on video!
Stay tuned to the blog for updates