Follow Us:
Coming February 13th: #wgbiz chat with Stephanie Diamond (@diamondsf)
Business,Women In Business
Coming February 13th: #wgbiz chat with Stephanie Diamond (@diamondsf)
27 January 2012

Our monthly Women Grow Business Twitter chat is coming up again in about two weeks, on Monday, February 13th. As often as possible we like to have a featured guest expert come by and talk to the Women Grow Business community. And this time we have somehow managed to get marketing great and four time author Stephanie Diamond to fit us into her busy schedule. Read more…

What You Missed at What’s Next DC 2012 (#whatsnextdc)
Business, Events, Women In Business
What You Missed at What's Next DC 2012 (#whatsnextdc)
25 January 2012

It’s my honor and pleasure to have been included as a member of the media covering the 2012 What’s Next DC Conference. I’d been covering it the morning of Monday’s conference using Storify, but unfortunately had problems using the drag and drop interface to include tweets, pictures and videos on an iPad. Initially, a travel conflict was preventing me from attending, but after Vanessa French contacted me personally, it was just too good to pass up. Read more…

An Interview with Susan Joyce of Job Hunt
Business
An Interview with Susan Joyce of Job Hunt
19 January 2012

Vet turned corporate turned entrepreneur – with change comes opportunity. Susan Joyce is the force, literally and figuratively, behind the mega-job-resource board  known as Job Hunt. Today’s interview focuses on what she has learned which may offer you ideas for your own career transitions and choices. Read more…

Join us for a Women’s Leadership Soiree During Social Media Week DC (#smwwdc)
Entrepreneurship, Events, Jill Foster
Join us for a Women's Leadership Soiree During Social Media Week DC (#smwwdc)
18 January 2012

We’ll be converging on the 5th & K St location of Busboys and Poets at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, February 15, 2012. Go by our Eventbrite page to add it to your calendar now – if you won’t be in DC to attend, please share the link with your crowd. There are NO tickets available at the door, and we’re only allowed to admit a certain number of people to our cozy loft space. Read more…

Join Us at #WhatsNextDC 2012 – 20% Off for WGB Readers
Business, Events, Women In Business
Join Us at #WhatsNextDC 2012 - 20% Off for WGB Readers
17 January 2012

What’s Next DC is happening again next week on  Monday, January 23, at 8 a.m. – 5 p.m in the George Washington University, Grand Ballroom, Washington, D.C. Last year’s conference was well received, featuring engaging speakers such as Debbie Weil, Shonali Burke, Brian Eisenberg, Brian Halligan, Rand Fishkin and plenty of other fascinating speakers. This year, What’s Next DC is about brainstorming, case studies, energy, networking, strategy and—best of all—personalized solutions to your company’s most important communication challenges. Read more…

How to Find Your Voice: A Critical Exercise for Business Leaders
Business, Communication Skills, Libby Wagner
How to Find Your Voice: A Critical Exercise for Business Leaders
13 January 2012

Most business writing I read is awful—boring, verbose—and absolutely ignores the audience in any way other than to demonstrate how smart the author thinks he or she is. There are exceptions, of course— those whose voice, personality and humanity jump out at you when you read. What I believe differentiates you as a leader is your voice. Read more…

When It Comes to Financial Planning – Women ARE Different!
Business, Connie Golleher, Women In Business
When It Comes to Financial Planning - Women ARE Different!
9 January 2012

Women have taken over the workplace, yet they still make less than their male counterparts. So when it comes to saving and investing, they need to be more frugal and diligent about what they are doing with their money. In order to gain financial independence and security, they’ll need to educate themselves about topics that normally haven’t been at the top of their minds. Read more…

Coming January 9th: #WgBiz Twitter Chat with @MaddieGrant, Co-Author of Humanize
Business,Women In Business
Coming January 9th: #WgBiz Twitter Chat with @MaddieGrant, Co-Author of Humanize
5 January 2012

Our monthly Women Grow Business twitter chat takes place this coming Monday, January 9th, 2012, at noon Eastern time. As usual we have a guest expert, and I feel very lucky and excited to have this particular author make room for us in her schedule. It is our honor and privilege to have Maddie Grant, co-author of the book Humanize: How People-centric Organizations Succeed in a Social World. Read more…

Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online