Follow Us:
Pinterest Contest for Small Business from BWI
current events
Pinterest Contest for Small Business from BWI
30 May 2012

Want to win a $500 Best Western Travel Card? In honor of this month’s Small Business Week, Best Western International launched the “Enjoy the Traveling, of Travel” contest on Pinterest, giving small business owners a chance to share how they pass the time while traveling on business. Check out the contest details, and be sure to complete the steps before June 3. Good luck . Read more…

Getting Started with Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
eCommerce,internet marketing
forum.web.com
29 May 2012

A quick and easy way to start driving customers to your eCommerce website is with pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.  Any small business owner can contract directly with one of the search engines and bid on keywords. But if you’re a new website owner and you’re not sure about selecting the right keywords, a pay-per-click subject matter expert can help you minimize the risk and maximize the return on your investment. Read more…

The Importance of LinkedIn in Your Business
Small Business Development
The Importance of LinkedIn in Your Business
29 May 2012

LinkedIn can be an important part of your business, whether you’re in a B2B (business-to-business) or B2C (business-to-consumer) operation. B2B: As a B2B businessperson, you can make connections to possible clients, connections to possible referral sources, and allied and competitors. Since LinkedIn is a professional network (like Facebook but without poking), this is a chance for you to make connections (friends), and see who your second- and third-degree connections are (friends of friends). Read more…

The Best Phone Calls I Get to Make All Week
Business, Communication Skills, Joanna Pineda
The Best Phone Calls I Get to Make All Week
29 May 2012

After the launch of every project, I add an item to my to do list: call the CEO and main client contact to say thank you. These are the best calls I get to make all week and I relish making them. Most times, I don’t get to actually speak with the client so I leave a detailed message to say something along the lines of, “congratulations on the new site, thank you for choosing Matrix Group, it was a pleasure to work with your team, and I’d love feedback on how my team did. Read more…

Memorial Day Holiday
current events,Uncategorized
forum.web.com
25 May 2012

On Monday, May 28th, many people throughout the United States will be at home for Memorial Day. We at Web. com wanted to acknowledge those who are honored on Memorial Day — the countless soldiers who have given their lives in war to protect our country. Read more…

Starting a Business: Who to Trust
Small Business Development
Starting a Business: Who to Trust
24 May 2012

Starting a business can be tough, which is why you need to work with people you can trust, starting with your accountant. The person counting and handling your money needs to be one of your most trustworthy employees and contacts. But you need other people you can trust and rely on as well. Read more…

Five Questions to Ask When Selecting a Web Marketing Partner
internet marketing,Search Engine Optimization
Five Questions to Ask When Selecting a Web Marketing Partner
23 May 2012

When you’re looking for a web marketing partner, it’s important that you pick someone who actually knows what they’re doing. There are a lot of people out there calling themselves web marketing experts, when in actuality, they have very little social media experience at all. 1. Read more…

Getting a Website: What You Need to Know
Domains/Hosting, internet marketing, Just Getting Started
Getting a Website: What You Need to Know
22 May 2012

If you want to set up a business website, here are a few things you need to know to make it a success. These are five things we tell our customers whenever they want a new website. 1. Read more…

Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online