Follow Us:
Starting a Business: What Should I Avoid?
Small Business Development
Starting a Business: What Should I Avoid?
13 June 2012

When I first started my business, I had plenty of advice on what to do and not to do. Some of these lessons came later rather than sooner, mostly because I learned them the hard way, but they were important lessons to learn. I’d like to pass some of these lessons on to you as you start your own new business. Read more…

[VIDEO] Mobile Marketing for SMBs: Research from Web.com and MarketingSherpa
internet marketing,Tips of the Day
[VIDEO] Mobile Marketing for SMBs: Research from Web.com and MarketingSherpa
12 June 2012

How can small and medium-sized businesses benefit from mobile marketing? In his video interview with Daniel Burstein of MarketingSherpa, Aman Devgan, VP of Marketing at Web. com, discusses the results of the Small Business Mobile Survey recently sponsored by Web. com. Read more…

Preparing Your Business for the Google Shopping Changes
eCommerce,internet marketing
forum.web.com
11 June 2012

Google’s in the midst of eliminating the free product listing model in their Shopping section, and they’re replacing it with a new cost-per-click model. In a recent article on the Solid Cactus blog—one of the Web. com brands—Jason Longo talks about the marketing opportunities that the new Shopping model offers SMBs, and he shares tips on developing a profitable product listing strategy. Read more…

Sally Falkow (@sallyfalkow) is Our Guest Expert for the June #wgbiz chat
Business
Sally Falkow (@sallyfalkow) is Our Guest Expert for the June #wgbiz chat
11 June 2012

Today at noon Eastern, we are delighted to have Sally Falkow of Meritus Media joining us as our guest expert, a 30 year public relations professional and one of the earliest PR professionals to embrace blogging. In 2009, she was awarded PR Trainer of the Year for her social media classes, and is the co- developer of PRESSFeed, a social media newsroom. Her AdAge 150 blog, the Proactive Report, was one of the first PR blogs in existence, and is still considered one of the top ten PR blogs. Read more…

The Friday Roundup
eCommerce, internet marketing, Small Business Development
forum.web.com
8 June 2012

Check out this week’s Friday Roundup for tips and ideas to help grow your business. Are your sales stagnating? Read How to Upsell and Cross-Sell for Bigger Profits, by Rieva Lesonsky, to learn a simple way you can increase your sales without adding new customers. If you’re trying to reach C-level execs, maybe you need to get moving. Read more…

The Mentors Are There — If You Ask
Business
The Mentors Are There — If You Ask
6 June 2012

Statistics show very clearly that there is a glass ceiling. Statistics also show that the best way to break the glass ceiling is to get a hand up from someone already above it. In short, mentoring is crucial for any woman who wants to get ahead in business. Read more…

Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Business
Small Business Development
Beginner's Guide to Starting a Business
6 June 2012

For a lot of people who are having trouble finding a job, starting a business may be a smart choice for keeping your skills sharp, staying involved in your industry, and possibly even launching a new career. But starting a new business can be a full-time job in itself. [caption id=”attachment_5315″ align=”alignright” width=”300″ caption=”For a new business owner, a coffee shop is sometimes a great place to get work done. Read more…

The Importance of Twitter in Your Business
internet marketing
The Importance of Twitter in Your Business
5 June 2012

You may be wondering what has everyone’s hearts aflutter about Twitter, but it’s one of the fastest growing social networks available. Twitter lets you do a few very important things in reaching potential customers. For one thing, Twitter is rapid communication, which means you can answer questions that people have. Read more…

Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online