Follow Us:
Friday Small Business Roundup: Understanding Your Customers and More
current events, eCommerce, hosting
Friday Small Business Roundup: Understanding Your Customers and More
28 September 2012

Check out this week’s Friday Small Business Roundup for tips and ideas to help grow your business. Summer’s over, and that can mean crunch time at the office. Find out What’s Stressing Your Employees Out—and What Can You Do About It in Rieva Lesonsky’s post. Read more…

Coverage of #IgniteDC from @DanielleRicks
Business, Tinu Abayomi-Paul, Women In Business
Coverage of #IgniteDC from @DanielleRicks
27 September 2012

Danielle Ricks, long time Women Grow Business community member, put together a wonderful Storify overview of 10th Ignite DC Event. (That’s her pictured to your right. Thanks so much Danielle, for letting us publish this. Read more…

CNN, Women Grow Business & the Special Young Female Entrepreneurs Chat #yfechat
Business, Entrepreneurship, Events
CNN, Women Grow Business & the Special Young Female Entrepreneurs Chat #yfechat
26 September 2012

Our humble publication was featured today in an article called Why Women in Business Are Flocking to Twitter Chat in CNN’s Leading Women section.  (And you can find it in the Business section as well, as was just pointed out to me).  Community members Shannon Mouton and Ify Nwabuje were quoted, as was I. Read more…

Call to Jacksonville Florida Small Businesses: Share Your Story!
Small Business Development
Call to Jacksonville Florida Small Businesses: Share Your Story!
26 September 2012

The Web. com social media team is looking for small business owners in the Jacksonville, Florida area to submit their success stories.   We are particularly looking for businesses who have experienced success using online marketing and technology to advance their business. Read more…

Web.com Small Business Forums Coming to North Florida
current events,Small Business Development
Web.com Small Business Forums Coming to North Florida
24 September 2012

In conjunction with the Web. com Tour, Web. com is offering a series of small business forums throughout the country to support small businesses in online marketing and more. Read more…

More from the 2012 #ChangeChampion Awards
Business
More from the 2012 #ChangeChampion Awards
21 September 2012

As announced yesterday, I attended and did a liveblog of the 2012 Change Champion Awards held at the AFL-CIO offices in Washington DC (updated and included below). As part of the press covering the event, I was able to meet several of the award recipients, including Paulette Meyers, David Friedman and Sonja Sohn (pictured with me to the right). I also met Deepak Bhargava, Executive Director of the Center for Community Change, which held the awards, as well as several of the people from the CCC board and the AFL-CIO. Read more…

Friday Small Business Roundup: The Latest Social Media News and More
eCommerce, internet marketing, Small Business Development
Friday Small Business Roundup: The Latest Social Media News and More
21 September 2012

Check out this week’s Friday Small Business Roundup for tips and ideas to help grow your business. Get ideas for how social media can help your business in Monika Jansen’s Social Media Case Studies: How 2 Small Businesses Are Growing Thanks to Social Media. The holiday shopping season is almost here. Read more…

Liveblogging the 2012 #ChangeChampion Awards
Events
Liveblogging the 2012 #ChangeChampion Awards
20 September 2012

Tonight I’m at the AFL-CIO in Washington, DC, covering the 2012 Change Champion Awards. I’ll have a Liveblog of the event, which will publish here in a separate post after the event is over. I am also live tweeting under the #ChangeChampion hashtag. Read more…

Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online