Follow Us:
Friday Small Business Roundup: Be a Better Blogger and More
internet marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Small Business Development
forum.web.com
28 December 2012

Struggling to keep your blog exciting? Check out Monika Jansen’s post and learn 7 Top Blogging Tips From the Pros. Then get inspired to write better blog posts with Monika’s post 5 Content Ideas That Never Grow Old – and 5 That Grow Old Fast. Looking for a hot new market to target? Rieva Lesonsky says it’s time to Meet the Mansumer. Read more…

Photos, tweets and video from Washington Post Live’s Women in 2012 Event #womenin2012
Business,Women In Business
Photos, tweets and video from Washington Post Live's Women in 2012 Event #womenin2012
23 December 2012

This December, I was honored to be invited to cover the Washington Post Live event, Women in 2012. Previously I’d intended to upload my own video clips of the event, but found after several weeks that most of what I sent for editing was unusable. Upon a second look at the Washington Post site, I was surprised to find that each session was available, in full, on the event page. Read more…

Friday Small Business Roundup: Mobile Marketing and More
eCommerce, hosting, internet marketing
forum.web.com
21 December 2012

The World Is Going Mobile. Is Your Business Following? Read Rieva Lesonsky’s post to find out how not to get left behind. Speaking of mobile, Monika Jansen reveals how to capture those (very) last-minute holiday sales wherever you are with 5 Mobile Payment Solutions for Small Businesses. Read more…

Looking for Better Results on Your Facebook Business Page?
social media
forum.web.com
19 December 2012

If you’re looking to get more fans and increase your brand exposure on Facebook, you’ll want to check out the new social media marketing product from Web. com: Facebook Boost. Our team works directly with you—the small business owner—to build a page that best represents your products or services and helps to generate interaction with your page visitors. Read more…

The Importance of Managing Your Reputation Online
Small Business Development,social media
forum.web.com
19 December 2012

We used to live in simpler times, where a small business survived and thrived based upon word-of-mouth marketing . . . Read more…

Summary of Our #wgbiz Chat with Nicolette Pizzitola (@nicpiz) on Building a Business That Reflects You
Business, Nicolette Pizzitola, Women In Business
Summary of Our #wgbiz Chat with Nicolette Pizzitola (@nicpiz) on Building a Business That Reflects You
18 December 2012

Whether we’ve created businesses or climbed the rungs of the corporate ladder, women in business in the WGB community have made it clear: we yearn for our businesses to reflect us. And so it was just our luck that when our expected chat guest had to reschedule, several synchronous events granted us the miracle of a spot in Nicolette Pizzitola’s schedule on incredibly short notice. It used to be that even with planning, we dared not hope for a crowd the size of the one we got when Nicolette joined us. Read more…

Friday Small Business Roundup: Beyond Social Media Basics
current events, eCommerce, internet marketing
forum.web.com
14 December 2012

How Can You Motivate Last-Minute Holiday Shoppers to Buy? There’s still time–read Rieva Lesonsky’s post to get the strategies that work. Should Your Small Business Ditch Facebook for Pinterest? You might be tempted after reading Monika Jansen’s rundown of what consumers are doing on both social media sites. Do you get busy with business, only to neglect marketing? Read 5 Steps to Keep Your Sales Funnel Full, by Monika Jansen, and learn how to maintain a steady stream of customers. Read more…

CNN Leading Women section Wants to Know Your Professional Plans for 2013 #LWresolutions
Business, Events, Women In Business
CNN Leading Women section Wants to Know Your Professional Plans for 2013 #LWresolutions
13 December 2012

For many people it’s a yearly ritual – new year, better me. Totally engrossed with this concept, I researched it last year. I found that though there’s a high probability that most of us will break at least one of our resolutions, some research shows that the very act of making them has intrinsic benefits [pdf]. Read more…

Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online