Follow Us:
Does it cost more to be a woman? #infographic
Business, sally falkow, Women In Business
Does it cost more to be a woman? #infographic
31 January 2013

The following is a guest post from community member and recent guest expert Sally Falkow. There has been a lot of attention on women and financial literacy recently. 1.2.2.3. Read more…

Web.com Kicks Off the 2013 Small Business Forums in Lafayette, LA, on March 21
Web.com Small Business Forum
Web.com Kicks Off the 2013 Small Business Forums in Lafayette, LA, on March 21
31 January 2013

If you’re looking to create or fine-tune your online marketing strategy, we’ve got just the event for you: the Web. com Small Business Forum. Starting on March 21 in Lafayette, Louisiana, and continuing throughout 2013 in more than two dozen cities across the United States, Web. Read more…

Can You Affect How Personal Tragedy Impacts Your Professional Life?
Business, Lani Rosales, Women In Business
Can You Affect How Personal Tragedy Impacts Your Professional Life?
30 January 2013

When tragedy strikes, it is so hard to navigate your personal life, let alone your professional life. But the world doesn’t stop, even when your world feels like it ended. I want to share my story with you, and how I recovered in my professional life after devastation in my personal life – what boundaries I set, how I reacted to others, and what I did poorly that I wish I had done better. Read more…

xPotomac Conference Happens February in DC – Get Your Discount Code Before They’re Gone
Business,Women In Business
xPotomac Conference Happens February in  DC - Get Your Discount Code Before They're Gone
29 January 2013

xPotomac, a new conference featuring leading voices in the field of digital media & communication, is coming up on February 25, 2013 at the Source Theatre, 1835 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009. Limited to just eight speakers and 120 registrants, this groundbreaking conference features the media technologies most likely to impact business and marketers in the immediate future, and will give attendees an opportunity to get up close and personal with those leading the space. Audiocafe. Read more…

Social Media Week Spotlight: Building a Positive Hospitality Brand Online
Business,Women In Business
Social Media Week Spotlight: Building a Positive Hospitality Brand Online
29 January 2013

This February, there are Social Media Week events being held from the 18th to the 22nd in Washington D.C. The Baltimore-Washington Metro area is a much smaller world than it seems, so much so that we in the local Women Grow Business community often find that our members and supporters are speaking or otherwise participating in local events. In the interest of expanding that community to include more of you, we’re going to highlight some of the sessions that will be of interest to Women Grow Business readers or feature community members. Read more…

Web.com Team Is Gearing Up for the 110 with Donna Race, February 16–17
current events
Web.com Team Is Gearing Up for the 110 with Donna Race, February 16–17
29 January 2013

Are you participating in the 110 with Donna or the 26. The Web. com team is gearing up for the 110-mile race, which starts on Saturday, February 16, and concludes with the 26.2 with Donna National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer on Sunday, February 17. Read more…

Friday Small Business Roundup: What’s in Store for 2013?
current events, eCommerce, internet marketing
forum.web.com
25 January 2013

What Marketing Strategies Are You Spending on in 2013? Read Maria Valdez Haubrich’s post to see what other small businesses are doing. Content marketing is hot. Make yours work better by reading Monika Jansen’s post 5 Types of Marketing Content That Will Fuel Your Sales. Read more…

Web.com Live Business Forum Goes Nationwide in 2013 with SCORE
Business
Web.com Live Business Forum Goes Nationwide in 2013 with SCORE
24 January 2013

Web. As we’ve written about in previous months, Web. com started a successful local business forum series, following the sites of the Web. Read more…

Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online