Follow Us:
Web.com Small Business Tip of the Day: The Business of Beauty
Home Page Blog, Marketing/Branding, On Your Way

If you’re in the beauty business, you’d better be targeting different ethnic backgrounds with your products and representing different ethnic groups in your marketing. There are 43 million African-Americans in the U.S. and according to a new Nielson report they buy more hand and body lotions than the average consumer and are mostly under the age of 35. Latinos are 52 million strong, are eager purchasers of health and beauty products, and represent the fastest growing ethnic segment, with a projected $1.5 trillion in spending power by 2015. Read more…

The 1 Simple Trick That Makes Your Email Marketing More Effective
Home Page Blog, internet marketing, Marketing and PR
The 1 Simple Trick That Makes Your Email Marketing More Effective
31 May 2013

Do you use email marketing? Great. Do you use social media marketing? Fantastic. Do you integrate the two? Even better! If not, new data reported by MediaPost should convince you.Research found that the number of companies that include social sharing buttons in their marketing emails increased 61 percent in 2012 compared to 2011—rising from 18.3 percent to nearly 30 percent. Read more…

Highlights from This Morning’s #SBFPotomac Small Business Forum Event
Events, Marketing/Branding, Web.com Small Business Forum
Highlights from This Morning's #SBFPotomac Small Business Forum Event
30 May 2013

No doubt you’ve seen our many announcements and reminders about Web. com’s Small Business Forum event as it tours the nation. This morning the Washington DC area’s entrepreneur and small business community turned out to attend #sbfPotomac – the tour stop in Bethesda. Read more…

Web.com Small Business Tip of the Day: Available 24/7?
Getting Advanced, Home Page Blog, Marketing/Branding

You know your customers and when they want to be contacted. And if you don’t, and you text them at the wrong time, you’ll soon find out. According to the 2013 Decision Dynamics study by Doremus, New York, and the Financial Times, 69 percent of global executives do not turn off their smartphones at night or on weekends, and 68 percent do not turn off their smartphones while on vacation. Read more…

6 Content Creation Takeaways From How to Feed the Content Beast
Home Page Blog,Marketing/Branding
6 Content Creation Takeaways From How to Feed the Content Beast
30 May 2013

As a copywriter, I produce content all day long for my clients. For me, feeding the content beast is easy. I like to write, I’m good at it, and, well, it’s my job. Read more…

Is Your Restaurant Giving Customers What They Want?
Customer Service, Getting Advanced, Home Page Blog
Is Your Restaurant Giving Customers What They Want?
30 May 2013

What do restaurant customers really want from your restaurant? Even more important than the food, service is a crucial factor that can make or break your business, according to a new poll conducted by Restaurant. com and reported by Restaurant Hospitality. Nearly 95 percent of the more than 2,000 survey respondents say an outstanding server has the potential to make a restaurant meal memorable. Read more…

Web.com Small Business Tip of the Day: What’s for Breakfast?
Home Page Blog, On Your Way, Restaurants

Sandwiches aren’t just for lunch anymore. If you own a restaurant, coffee shop or café, you can increase your sales by adding breakfast sandwiches to your menu. The popularity of the breakfast sandwich has surged this year: The product is appearing on 8.1 percent more chain restaurant menus than last year. Read more…

4 Secrets to Successfully Onboarding New Hires
Home Page Blog, Human resources for Small Business, Leadership
4 Secrets to Successfully Onboarding New Hires
29 May 2013

You’ve finally hired that employee you were looking for and you’re breathing a sign of relief. Not so fast! There’s still one crucial step in the hiring process: Bringing the new employee on board in a way that makes him or her feel welcome, part of the team and ready to get to work. Try these three tips for a smooth “onboarding” process. Read more…

Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online