5 Reasons Why 2015 Is the Year of the Podcast - Forum.web.com
Follow Us:
5 Reasons Why 2015 Is the Year of the Podcast
year of the podcast

In 2014, something funny happened. Podcasts began to get hot again. Look no further than Serial, undoubtedly the most popular podcast ever, with more than 1 million people tuning in to each episode.

Serial is definitely unique, but similar podcast success is being replicated by small businesses and large companies alike who have valuable information to share – and aren’t afraid of letting people into their thoughts.

Want to know why 2015 is the year of the podcast? I have 5 reasons for you:

1. Podcasts are more intimate than blog posts

Listening to someone share their thoughts is far more intimate than reading their thoughts. I do not doubt that it’s hardwired in our brains to forge connections with people’s voices, especially if they are sharing wonderful stories and valuable information that sounds like it’s being delivered to you and only you.

1. Podcasts allow learning on the go

With podcasts, almost anytime is learning time – during your commute, on a plane, while working out a the gym, doing housework or gardening, during a run.

1. Podcasts are easy to consume

Podcasts make information more accessible and easier to consume. Just find what you want to listen to, hit play, and your phone, computer, wireless speakers, in-home entertainment system, or even your car’s Bluetooth set up will broadcast it.

1. Podcasts are engaging

Because podcasts create an intimacy that the written word does not, I keep reading over and over again about the amazing number of comments, likes, email, feedback, etc. they create. People really engage with them!

1. Podcasts are only growing in popularity

Think the audience for podcast is small? According to Apple,  the number of subscriptions to podcasts on iTunes has surpassed the 1 billion mark, while Edison Research found that 39 million Americans listen to podcasts monthly.

Before you start a podcast, do a search to see if your competitors are doing one already. If they are, look for a specific topic to cover that they don’t. If not, jump in and dominate your niche. Good luck!

Got any questions about podcasts? I am working to get one up and running, and I am happy to share my wisdom!

Want more assistance growing your business online? Join the Web.com Small Business Forum for free access to our library of ebooks, the latest industry news and support from other business owners, entrepreneurs and working professionals. Join a Group to ask questions, share your opinions and grow your network! Visit Web.com to learn about our full range of affordable website design and online marketing services.

Monika Jansen

Monika Jansen

Monika Jansen is a freelance copywriter and editor who helps with companies of all shapes on sizes kick their content up to the next level. You can find her online at www.jansencomm.com.
Monika Jansen
Monika Jansen

Latest posts by Monika Jansen (see all)

Monika Jansen

Loading Facebook Comments ...
Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online
Skip to toolbar