Black Friday and Small Business Saturday are over, and hopefully your ecommerce site is already benefiting from the holiday shopping rush. With a shorter shopping season than last year, it’s more crucial than ever to pull out all the stops to maximize sales this time of year. Here are some last-minute tips that can help:
- Be sure your site is mobile-friendly. While most customers still aren’t making purchases on mobile devices, they are doing research, so your site needs to load quickly on a mobile device, whether a tablet or a smartphones. Less than 2 seconds per page is ideal. Make sure photos are sized properly so they don’t slow down load times.
- Integrate social sharing. Use sharing buttons for popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest so shoppers or browsers can share product pictures, links and information with their friends and family. This exposes your website and your products to a whole new range of customers. Be sure to add Pinterest’s “Pin It” button and again, make sure all social sharing buttons work easily on mobile devices.
- Create compelling copy. If a product isn’t selling well, perhaps your copy is focusing on features, not benefits. You can fine-tune your copy up until the end of the holiday season, so don’t hesitate to do so if something isn’t working.
- Focus on SEO. Watch your analytics like a hawk to see which keywords are working and which aren’t. Tweak your keywords as needed to improve your SEO and bring more shoppers to your site.
- Provide stellar service. Get all hands on deck to make sure customer requests, problems and queries are handled right away. If they can’t get a fast response, busy shoppers will move on to a more responsive website.
- Watch your social media. Be ultra-responsive on social media, especially if customers are asking questions about your products or have a complaint or problem. Stepping in at the right time with a helpful answer not only engages that customer, but also promotes your business to everyone watching on social media.
- Market like crazy. With only a few weeks left in the holiday shopping season, now’s the time to turn up the heat on your email marketing campaigns, as well as mobile marketing or text messaging. Limited-time offers are a great way to drive traffic. If you’re worried about any slow days during the season, schedule your offers for those times.
Web.com can help with all your online marketing needs. Learn more about Web.com’s online marketing services.