School is back in session. It’s time to put away the sunscreen and get back to business. If you want to take your online marketing expertise to the next level, here are five top online marketing websites to check out. Of course, we hope you’ll continue to grow your knowledge base right here in the Web.com Small Business Forum, but it’s always helpful to draw upon numerous resources for specialized content, cross-referencing and new ideas. To your continuing online success!
- Social Media Examiner: This useful website is all about social media and delves into specific social media topics, such as how to use Google+ to promote your business, ways to create better images to post on Facebook, and how to optimize tweets for search. The blog also keeps up with news about social media, such as changes to Facebook’s algorithm or Twitter removing the 140-character limit for direct messages. If social media is your main marketing focus, be sure to check this site out.
- Content Marketing Institute: If you’re getting serious about using content marketing to grow your business, you’ll want to visit this website. In addition to webinars and resources, you’ll find a wealth of articles on topics such as how to promote your content, how to generate more content, how to write better headlines and how to use Web analytics tools to assess the ROI of your content marketing.
- Keyword Eye: This blog, which focuses on SEO and keyword marketing, is packed with useful posts and guides on how to use keywords, trends in keywords, building links and search marketing. Full of practical and helpful advice, Keyword Eye is a great resource for digging deeper into the often-confusing world of choosing and using keywords in all of your online marketing.
- ReelSEO: If you’re using video in your online marketing efforts, you need to check out this valuable resource for learning more about all aspects of creating, promoting and marketing with online video. Want to learn how to grow a YouTube audience, use Vine or make a video go viral? This site is for you. The site also maintains real-time rankings of the top video creators on a variety of platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Vine, etc.), which is useful for seeing what types of videos are popular.
- MarketingProfs: While this website isn’t focused solely on online marketing, it’s a fantastic resource for learning more about all aspects of marketing and how they work together. In addition to a wealth of free articles and research, MarketingProfs offers virtual seminars and online conferences for its basic (free) members. If you pay for the Pro membership, you get access to tons more resources, including interactive marketing toolkits, webcasts, seminars, real-world events and MarketingProfs University education courses. This site can help you (or your marketing person) pull it all together.
Want more assistance growing your business online? Join the Web.com Small Business Forum for free access to our library of ebooks, the latest industry news and support from other business owners, entrepreneurs and working professionals. Join a Group to ask questions, share your opinions and grow your network! Visit Web.com to learn about our full range of affordable website design and online marketing services.