If you’ve been following Women Grow Business or the #wgbiz hashtag, you’ll know that Kathy Korman Frey’s New Sisterhood of Success keynote at our first-ever WGB boot camp was a huge hit.
Image: (CC) Shashi Bellamkonda
So much so that we asked Kathy to be our guest on the monthly #wgbiz Twitterchat last week.
Again, Kathy didn’t disappoint. We had a terrific turnout, and the seeds of several mentoring relationships were sown, thanks to tweets such as these:
WTHashtag played nice, so we were able to download the transcript of the entire #wgbiz Twitterchat with Kathy; check it out.
#sisU… and YOU
Kathy recently announced the New Sisterhood of Success Boot Camp, a half-day event that will take place on October 9. Here’s the 4-1-1, as described on the event website:
Your Strategy: We all need a group of 5 supporters in our professional life if we are going to reach our potential. Period.
Your Mission: It is our obligation as women to pass on these lessons, and help other women and girls increase their self-confidence and opportunities.
1. Understand the hard-hitting facts behind the value of women and girls in society, and the role we can play in bringing that value to the forefront.
2. Learn how to build your group of “5″ (the magic number) professional supporters through a #sisU plan.
3. Discover how to claim time in our daily lives for our #sisU plan (aka creating a little impenetrable oasis for ourselves).
4. Pay it forward to others, creating a measurable and meaningful impact while helping women and girls.
5. Learn about success factors for women and their careers, including research and solutions on balance, communication, prioritization, negotiation, and self-confidence, as taught in the award-winning Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership class at the George Washington University School of Business, Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence and featured in the Washington Post Magazine article ‘CEO of ME Inc.‘
Ready to rumble? I strongly suggest you do. Register for the New Sisterhood of Success Boot Camp (hashtag #sisU) here.
Based in the Washington, D.C. area, Women Grow Business editor Shonali Burke is the IABC-accredited, award-winning principal of Shonali Burke Consulting, which specializes in “integrated communication to the nth degree.” She blogs at Waxing UnLyrical, under the watchful eyes of Chuck, Suzy Q. and Lola, her three rescue dogs. Her long-suffering husband has accepted that Shonali can most often be found on Twitter.