Follow Us:
Images, Videos and Articles to Help You Celebrate International Women’s Day 2013 #iwd #womensday

2013-03-08_0647-CNN-wisdom-of-womenHappy International Women’s Day! Hope you’re having a good one.

If you’re stuck inside most of the work day like I am, you’ll be happy to find that you can still start celebrating International Women’s Day before you return from the day’s activities.

And if you’d also like to find a last minute offline event, the round-up of online and offline celebration ideas and resources at the end of this post will help with that, too.

3 Unique Ways to Celebrate International Women’s Day 2013

Last month, the Women Grow Business community participated in a project that CNN Leading Women was spearheading on Twitter. Women from all over the world were asked to submit quotes by women they admire to possibly be featured by them on March 8th.

That’s exciting enough – how many people are Ever quoted or featured in a CNN article?

Even more surprising is how the final product is more than an article. If you go to the page where the Wisdom of Women quotes are featured, you’ll be greeted with one of the dozens (hundreds?) of quotes featured on the site. Which brings us to our first way to celebrate International Women’s Day 2013 – share the words of pivotal women.

Click on “create your own” in the lower right quadrant of the quote’s rectangle, and you’ll be taken to another quote. Click “Inspire me again!” until you get to one you like (if you’d like to connect with the person who submitted the quote, there’s a link to their Twitter handle on this version of the quote). Then click “on to the next step”. pick a background, and use one of the share buttons.

If you click Twitter, it shares the quote link. If you choose “Pin It” it will share an image of the quote, as well as the link back to CNN. (There are options for Facebook and Tumblr too, but to have this up at a reasonable hour I had to stop playing with it.)

It’s a quick, fun way to acknowledge the day.

Our second way to celebrate International Women’s Day from anywhere comes from some Women Grow Business extended family, the Hot Momma’s Project. There’s actually more than one way to celebrate on the page, but one of them has a deadline of tonight at midnight.

The gist of the participation rule is that you’ll respond to the blog post with quick advice for a “high potential girl emerging to a young woman”. Be sure to read the post before you reply, there’s a little more to it than that. And you wouldn’t want to miss all the other fun, do you?

The third way I went on a search for when I heard about it. The United Nations, which began International Women’s Day, has collaborated with artists to create a song for the day. It’s up on YouTube now and is called “One Woman”

These are the most unique ways I found in the past day or so, but they aren’t the only ways to celebrate. I collected the best of what I found on Storify, embedded below.

Enjoy the day – or if you live in a country where it’s a holiday, the day off!

1. Hi Tinu! I am Founder of Empower Lounge, a go-to source and mentor community focused on helping women entrepreneurs launch and build scalable companies. I wanted to reach out and let you know about our video tribute celebrating the success of women entrepreneurs around the world for International Women’s Day! Here’s the link: http://empowerlounge.com/our-tribute-to-international-womens-day-2013-lounge-style/

2. Hi Tinu!

I am Founder of Empower Lounge, a go-to source and mentor community focused on helping women entrepreneurs launch and build scalable companies. I wanted to reach out and let you know about our video tribute celebrating the success of women entrepreneurs around the world for International Women’s Day! Here’s the link: http://empowerlounge.com/our-tribute-to-international-womens-day-2013-lounge-style/

Thank you for all the resources you share to help women entrepreneurs and look forward to staying connected! Misty

• @Misty Gibbs Thanks, I’ll review it and see if it can be added to our round up. Thanks for commenting.

Join the Small Business Forum Community
    The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online