Follow Us:
In Denver? Check Out the First M3 1000 Event

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Today’s the online registration deadline for the first M3 (Make Mine a Million $ Business) 1000 event, that’s taking place on April 4 in Denver, CO.

This is the latest evolution of the M3 program, which is an initiative of Count Me In for Women’s Economic Independence, and the funding sponsor of which is American Express OPEN.

M3 1000 targets enterprises organized and doing business in the United States with the following characteristics:

• The business should be at least 50 percent owned by a woman who is a U.S. citizen or legal resident
  • The company should be at least two years old and have annual revenues between $85,000 – $700,000
  • The entrepreneur should be ready to grow her business to a million dollars within the next 18-36 months

I’m told that “similar to the original format and built on the lessons learned over the past five years, M3 1000 is designed to help women entrepreneurs strengthen their vision, build their strategy and take their business to a million dollars in revenue.”

Under the new program version, a larger group of 250 event participants will compete for prize packages of coaching, financing, marketing tools and more.

What will happen on April 4?

• Each participant will deliver a two-minute elevator pitch about their business, qualifications, and how they would benefit from the program.
  • The elevator pitch is given in front of a live audience and a panel of qualified judges.
  • The judges will select the pitch winners.
  • Pitch winners will receive prizes and then move on to the final round, to collect additional resources.

Pitch winners will submit full applications and company financial information for final consideration as M3 1000 awardees.

I’m not going to be able to make it, but the agenda looks pretty interesting, and it’s not expensive – just $49 to register online (they’ll have on site registration as well, but why register late, right?). So if you’re in the Denver area, or planning to travel there, or, heck, able to make the trip regardless, I think you should check it out.

And let us know how it goes!

Oh, and by the way, you can become a community member for free. Tons of good resources there.

More from Women Grow Business:

Women Grow Business editor Shonali Burke is the award-winning principal of Shonali Burke Consulting, where she turns your communication conundrums into community cool. Adjunct faculty for Johns Hopkins’ MA/Communication program, she is also featured on BNET as The Startup Storyteller, and publishes Waxing UnLyrical under the watchful eyes of Chuck, Suzy Q. and Lola, her three rescue dogs. Her long-suffering husband has accepted that Shonali can most often be found on Twitter.

Join the Small Business Forum Community
    The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online