Follow Us:
Photos, tweets and video from Washington Post Live’s Women in 2012 Event #womenin2012

This December, I was honored to be invited to cover the Washington Post Live event, Women in 2012.

Women in 2012

Previously I’d intended to upload my own video clips of the event, but found after several weeks that most of what I sent for editing was unusable.

Upon a second look at the Washington Post site, I was surprised to find that each session was available, in full, on the event page.

In the Storify embed below, I’ve included the highlights of the event, links to the full discussion, and photos I took myself at the event. If you weren’t able to attend or watch the livestream, here are a few reasons why watching this video during this holiday lull will be worth your time.

1. The women represented were at the top of their fields in various areas and backgrounds. There’s a list of them and the moderators on our post announcing the event.
  2. One of the questions highlighted at the Leading the Way: Women in 2012 event was “What did you wish you’d known at 17″. Throughout the venue were posters featuring the women speakers and their inspirational yet practical answers.
  3. Each person interviewed had actionable insights rather than fluffy platitudes. If you’ve been to a conference where you got fired up, but at the end, still didn’t know what to DO, you understand what I mean. This event was very light on those kinds of remarks.

Hope you enjoy the highlights below, but again, you’ll want to visit the Leading the Way: Women in 2012 page on the Washington Post site to get more.

1. Thank you for posting the live stream! These women are inspirational! Wish I could’ve physically been at the event though!

• It was an Amazing event. Stay tuned to the Women Grow Business blog – when I’m called out to cover, I try to bring someone with me if they’ll allow it, to take photos. Maybe one time soon, that will be you!

Join the Small Business Forum Community
    The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online