Follow Us:
How One Woman in Business Uses Social Media to the Max
Home Page Blog, Marketing/Branding, social media
How One Woman in Business Uses Social Media to the Max
28 January 2014

How’s this for a cool job title: Director of Romance. After working in the tech world, Holly Blackett made the transition to what I think is  a pretty cool job. Through her company, Zuriana’s Elegant Occasions, Holly helps couples plan their destination weddings and honeymoons and clients plan group events, like reunions and vacations (and yes, that means she gets to travel). Read more…

What Is Social Prospecting, and How Do I Do It?
Home Page Blog,social media
What Is Social Prospecting, and How Do I Do It?
3 December 2013

Social prospecting is pretty straightforward. It’s all about finding potential clients by listening to what people are saying on social media and engaging them with valuable content. Don’t gloss over the “valuable content” part, because that is key. Read more…

How a Branding Agency Found the Keys to Online Marketing Success
Home Page Blog,Marketing/Branding
How a Branding Agency Found the Keys to Online Marketing Success
24 October 2013

Sisarina is a Bethesda, Maryland-based branding and marketing company that doesn’t just “do” – they also teach their customers how to do everything. Not only do they know branding and marketing, they do an awesome job of it themselves. Just check out their website and you’ll see what I mean. Read more…

Study Shows Social Does Drive Sales
Facebook/Social Media, Getting Advanced, Home Page Blog
Study Shows Social Does Drive Sales
23 September 2013

If your small business uses social media for marketing, you know it’s easy to track things like “likes,” follows and retweets. Less clear-cut, however, is how and whether social media actually drives users to purchase. Now a new study from Vision Critical offers some answers. Read more…

Small Business Tip of the Day: To Sell Clothes, Get Social
Facebook/Social Media, Getting Advanced, Home Page Blog
Small Business Tip of the Day: To Sell Clothes, Get Social
18 September 2013

Does your business sell upscale women’s clothes? Then you might be smart to center your social media campaigns on Twitter. That’s according to the report “Social Channels for Influence for Apparel” from NetBase. The report showed three-quarters of female social media users who buy brands or products associated with celebrities are more likely to use Twitter over other platforms as a source of inspiration. Read more…

13 Small Changes That Will Greatly Improve Your Social Media Marketing
Home Page Blog, Marketing/Branding, social media
13 Small Changes That Will Greatly Improve Your Social Media Marketing
22 August 2013

I think Dan Zarrella is my social media hero. His entire goal in life is to quantify social media behavior so we marketers can use it better, and because social media is always changing, there’s always something new to learn. In his latest SlideShare, he shared a lot of new information. Read more…

Web.com Small Business Tip of the Day: To Pinterest or Not to Pinterest?
Getting Advanced, Home Page Blog, Pinterest
Web.com Small Business Tip of the Day: To Pinterest or Not to Pinterest?
21 August 2013

According to social media marketing analytics company Piqora, Pinterest pins drive traffic for  up to 30 days. Piqora studied the traffic generation potential of pins as they age and found that while 40 percent of the clicks happen within the first day and 70 percent of the clicks happen within first two days, the remaining 30 percent of clicks may happen at any time up through the next 30 days (and beyond). Why such staying power for Pinterest pins? Unlike Facebook and Twitter, where users bounce off and on fairly quickly, the study concludes Pinterest is a site where users search for inspiration and ideas, making it a “task-driven network” rather than a time-sensitive one like Facebook and Twitter. Read more…

Web.com Small Business Tip of the Day: The Color of Success
Home Page Blog, Marketing/Branding, On Your Way

If you’re new to Pinterest, you may still be trying to figure out what kinds of pins get the most attention and most repins. According to a study by Curalate, the answer is images that are rich in detail and have multiple colors. Pinterest pinners like colors, and images with multiple dominant colors have 3.25 times more repins per image than those with one dominant color. Read more…

Join the Small Business Forum Community
The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online