How to Update a Saved Certificate
Customers must update a saved certificate anytime a mail certificate has been re-issued. The new, re-issued certificate needs to be added as a trusted certificate. If this is not done, customers will experience a certificate error when attempting to access their email via POP or IMAP.
- Close your mail program.
- Log on to your computer with an administrative account.
- Navigate to the “Utilities” folder in the “Applications” section of the Mac hard drive.
- Double-click on the “Keychain Access” icon to open the certificate application.
- Select “Certificates” from the list of categories in the lower left corner of the window.
- Click on the virtual certificate you wish to delete.
- Go to “Edit” in the top menu bar and select “Delete.” Click “Delete” to confirm the decision.
- Re-open your mail program and when the window pops up alerting you about the certificate, press Show certificate. You will see certificate details as well as an option to Trust. You will then select “Always Trust” and click connect.
- You have now saved the details of the certificate!
- Windows 10 Mail app – Uncheck to use SSL in your Advanced Account Settings in Windows Mail.
- Thunderbird – When the SSL error is received upon sending a message, “Confirm Security Exception” should be chosen.