The second Monday of the month is coming up again.
And we are once again honored and pleased to have Sally Falkow of Meritus Media back as September’s Women Grow Business chat guest expert. Sally has been a guest expert of ours before, most recently last July when she came by to discuss How to Get People to Care About Your News.
This month on Monday, September 9, 2013 at Noon Eastern, we’re going to discuss “The Smartest Way to Get Your News Found“.
Many of us have the frustration of having great business stories to tell, but haven’t been able to get the attention of the media, online or off. Sally is a public relations expert with 30 years of experience, and has been at the forefront of digital PR since its inception. She’s going to help us understand how we can engage with the people who turn our stories into news in the most effective, efficient ways possible, barring actually hiring a public relations expert.
And she’ll give us a few tips on how to find the right expert once our businesses have matured the point of needing professionals to help us spread the word.
More About Our Guest Expert Sally Falkow
Sally is a public relations professional with 30 years of experience, and one of the earliest PR professionals to embrace blogging. In 2009, she was awarded PR Trainer of the Year for her social media classes, and is the co- developer of PRESSFeed, a social media newsroom. Her blog, the Proactive Report, was one of the first PR blogs in existence, and is still considered one of the top ten PR blogs, and has been in the AdAge 150 for several years (Though it still exists, they recently stopped updating this list).
We’ve had Sally as a guest before, and have also interviewed her for our Women in Business column. If you’d like to know more, you can also view Sally’s bio online. As you can see, she has a varied background – one of the reasons we keep having her back is because she is able to connect all the various marketing dots together as they relate to public relations.
She’s also recently released the Kindle version of “Smart News: how to write press releases that get found in search and shared in social media“. There’s an excerpt below – take a quick peek as there will be a contest during the chat that will ask a question you can find the answer to in the excerpt – you could win a copy of the book!
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetchat, Tweetdeck, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz. (In Twitter you can use the search at the top of the screen, in Tweetchat, once you’re logged in, you’ll see an area for you to enter the hashtag at the top of the screen. In Tweetdeck, you can create a column that searches for just one hashtag.)
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, to send us a link to your site, and to share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wbgiz is the official channel, @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s) if any, this time around, Sally Falkow @sallyfalkow). This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! 🙂 Our twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar.
We’ll see you at the chat!