Follow Us:
What You Missed at What’s Next DC 2012 (#whatsnextdc)

It’s my honor and pleasure to have been included as a member of the media covering the 2012 What’s Next DC Conference.

I’d been covering it the morning of Monday’s conference using Storify, but unfortunately had problems using the drag and drop interface to include tweets, pictures and videos on an iPad.

Initially, a travel conflict was preventing me from attending, but after Vanessa French contacted me personally, it was just too good to pass up.

What was so great about this conference that I changed cross-country travel plans?

Well, What’s Next DC is striving to be a conference that you get actionable, engaging content from, looking more toward future trends and ideas you can start using right away, rather than re-hashing ideas you’ve already learned.

Started in 2011,  Tod Plotkin of the Green Buzz Agency explained that his idea was for this to be an event that wasn’t all pitch-fests or just another gathering where smart people talk in monotones over boring slides. I’m paraphrasing – there’s a more eloquent quote on the event site.

My snapshot analysis is that in comparison to the first one, (which wasn’t bad), What’s Next DC is significantly closer to hitting this mark. It isn’t quite there yet, but the amount of progress they’ve made in just one year is nothing short of remarkable. (Insert elbow poke for people who attended in 2011.)

There’s more detail in my What’s Next DC 2012 Storify synopsis, below, but do note that it’s not complete.

It will take me a few days to get all the pictures and video up, as well as tweets from the stream, as there was a lot of great information being shared – be sure you’re following Women’s Grow Business on Facebook, Email, or Twitter to get the final update. (If I include your tweet in the collection you’ll get an @ response in the next few days from my @Tinu handle.)

So in the meantime, be sure to

Overall it was a great way to spend a Monday. And sidenote? After parties at the British Embassy are ten times better than you’d expect them to be.

1. Thanks for this recap Tinu. Here’s a link to the bud ad http://bit.ly/bumWzz and the valentine video http://youtu.be/3pffeMdDSoY

Join the Small Business Forum Community
    The Small Business Forum is a place where small business owners can learn, ask questions, and share advice on how to succeed online