Our next community chat is taking place on Monday, December 9, 2013 at noon Eastern.
And as usual, we are honored with the presence of a remarkable woman as our featured expert guest. Kami Huyse, founder and CEO of Zoetica Media will be sharing how she became successful Running a Small Business Like a Big Business, and how you can do the same.
Kami has built a small public relations firm that represents big brands and national nonprofits with award-winning results. She has done this by:
1) Harnessing a large network of peers and scaling this workforce up and down as needed.
2) Forming a small group of people with whom she trades services
3) Treating her business like a client
She’ll be discussing the specifics of this during our Twitter chat interview on Monday.
More About Kami Huyse
Kami’s experience is broad, and she oversees account management for Zoetica.
She has worked for corporate clients such as SeaWorld, Time Warner Cable, Network Solutions (hey, that’s a web.com company!) and Frost Bank.
She also has worked for many non-profit organizations such as the Manufactured Housing Institute, America’s Charities and the American Red Cross. She is APR certified and was named the Public Relations Professional of the Year by the Public Relations Association of America San Antonio.
To learn more about Kami, you can visit her LinkedIn page.
On a personal note, I’ve had the pleasure of interacting with Kami on a regular basis in a private community, and met her in public several times. Given her resume, the idea of meeting her is pretty intimidating.
However, I’ve found her to be a warm and welcoming person, firm in her stances when it comes to business, and yet open-minded enough to constantly be innovating better ways to get the job done. She has faced adversity in several areas of her life, but rises to meet life’s challenges, using them to learn and grow instead of becoming rigid and bitter.
Isn’t it great when good business people are great people in general? I find that to be increasingly true, the more entrepreneurs and business owners I meet.
Join Us at the Next Women Grow Business Twitter Chat
Every second Monday of the month at noon, the Women Grow Business community has a Twitter chat. We usually have a guest expert, announced on our blog prior to the chat. You can subscribe to our blog, our Facebook or Twitter page, to get the announcement of our next guest delivered to you.
To be reminded when the chat is approaching, you can also sign up for free on our Eventbrite page.
And, Spoiler Alert: We’re adding a second chat on Small Business Basics in January 2014!
We’ve also heard your suggestions about Google Hangouts, and are looking at putting together quarterly live video panel discussions with our featured Twitter guests. Remember this during the Twitter chat on Monday and you could win one of our prizes!
In the meantime, stay tuned to this column for future announcements.
How do you follow The #WgBiz Twitter chats?
- Log into Twitter, Tweetdeck, Tweetchat, or any other Twitter tool that lets you isolate a hashtag.
- Follow our Twitter hashtag #wgbiz.
- Arrive as early as 11:45 a.m. to introduce yourself, send us a link to your site, and share your latest project, as well as to meet the other chatters. The regular chat starts promptly at noon.
- Make sure you’re following the host, in this case me (@wgbiz is the official channel, while @Tinu is my personal handle), and featured guest(s) like this month’s Kami Huyse (@KamiChat). This way, you can easily follow the conversation, send questions during the chat, or follow up later.
- Have fun! Our free twitter chats are meant to be educational, sure, but also lighter fare than a teleconference or webinar. Meet people.